Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Headbands & Hairbows

As a child, I took particular pleasure and pride in the beautiful bows my mother made for my hair. My St. Patrick's Day bow was by far my favorite. It was a gorgeous combination of two green grosgrain ribbons, one with black polka dots, the other with black stripes, and adorning the center was a precious little pot of gold. I called it my "lucky bow".


{Little did my mother know, my little girl love of hair accessories would endure.}


While many of my headbands are little treasures, like my faux coral cluster, whose entire appeal lies in their prettiness, the best part about hair accessories is the attention they draw to your face. Plus, they are the easiest and chicest way to jazz up a ponytail or extend your blowdry one more day.

With the onset of colder weather, I discovered this headband that covers your ears but is cute enough to wear indoors! So bring on the those chilly November days!


{D&Y hand made knit headband}



Honorable Mentions:
FOREVER 21 bow knit headband
WOODEN SHIPS Isadora turban (Urban Outfitters)
URBAN OUTFITTERS oversized flower earwarmer
AMERICAN RAG flower ribbed knit earwarmer
DAVID & YOUNG knit flower headband


All content property of Lauren Mantilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment